I just downloaded the latest version of Mozilla Firefox available
at their site:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.7) Gecko/20050414
I am able to see the same problem with the backspace key happening
for this version too.
The steps that I tried are as follows:
1. Go to the url: http://www.mozilla.org/editor/midasdemo/
2. Type in the following content in the text area:
This is test line 1
This is test line 2
This is test line 3
This is test line 4
3. Use any form of formatting for the above text. In the sense, format
part of the text as 'Bold', part of the text as 'Underline' and so on.
4. Click on the 'View HTML Source' checkbox. This will show you
the HTML source for the content that you just typed in.
5. Place the text caret somewhere in the middle of the HTML Source.
6. Press the backspace key. Notice the character being deleted is not
the one at the text caret. The deleted character is way before the
7. Try placing the text caret at different locations in the text. The same
behavior is observed most of the times.
Would really appreciate any help in this regard.
Thanks in advance.
"Neil" wrote in message
> Masaoud Moonim wrote:
> >I notice that the content being actually deleted is not where the cursor
points. The deleted content is before the caret position.
> This works for me using a trunk build. If it is an error in FireFox 1.0
> then it won't be fixed in any 1.0.x version, but from my testing I
> assume it will work in 1.1
> Warning: May contain traces of nuts.