On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:50:36 +0100, in message
> X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 6.00/32.1186
> I would like a browser which, well, didn't go to domains that I
> haven't explicitly clicked on hyperlink for that domain, or at least
> if it wants to will ask me first.
> Is this reaonable? Possible? Possible with Firefox?
> Thanks for any information.
1. In Firefox, you can enable the setting
"Warn me when sites try to redirect or reload the page"
at "Tools >> Options >> Advanced >> General"
• This will warn you when web pages redirect to a different domain.
• But it will also warn you when web pages redirect to a page on
the same domain.
2. Some pages also go to different domains to load parts of the page.
• I am not sure whether you can disable this in recent versions
• Disabling this will break many sites. For example, "ebay.com"
pages load imagres from a different domain "ebaystatic.com".
• There used to be a setting to disable this, but too many of
the people who disabled it also complained about the results.