We are pleased to announce the 0.26.0 release of geckodriver,
for the first time with support for Firefox on Android!
geckodriver is Mozilla’s implementation of the WebDriver remote
protocol for Gecko-based browsers.
The release packages can be found in the usual place:
Amongst the user-facing changes, some highlights are:
* Support for Firefox on Android
Starting with this release geckodriver is able to connect to
Firefox on Android systems, and to control packages based on
The full list of new capabilities specific to Android, instructions
how to use them, and examples can be found in the moz:firefoxOptions
documentation on MDN:
* Connection attempts to Firefox made more reliable
* Corrected error codes during session creation
Please see the changelog documenting all notable changes in this
There are also a couple of known problems we’d like to inform you
* macOS 10.15 (Catalina): Due to the recent requirement from Apple
that all programs be notarised, geckodriver will not work on
* Windows: Due to changes in how geckodriver is built, you must
have the Microsoft Visual Studio redistributable runtime installed
on your system for the binary to run.