From:  Paul Osman <paul@mozillafoundation.org>
Date:  06 May 2010 22:42:54 Hong Kong Time
Newsgroup:  news.mozilla.org/mozilla.drumbeat.website

Re: Sample Database for Drumbeat.org

NNTP-Posting-Host:  63.245.208.166

Hi Ned,

I'm almost there, just having some issues with image caching now. I'm
installing it on Linux, specifically Ubuntu 10.04. There were a couple
of things I had to do differently, one because Ubuntu ships with apt
sources for PHP 5.3, which CiviCRM doesn't like, and the other to do
with file permissions -- the notes on the wiki suggest permission
modes that remove execute permissions from directories. I'll update
the wiki docs with a fix for that.

It's a lot of work, and the current situation certainly isn't
ideal. Once I've got everything working, I'd like to explore making it
easier... even if that means distributing a virtual image with
everything installed already. Ideas are welcome of course :-)

Cheers,
Paul

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 10:29:53AM -0400, Ned Schwartz wrote:
> Paul O -
> sounds like you are in the process of getting the drumbeat site running
> locally. I would love to hear how you fair with that. I was never able to
> get it 100% running locally so if you succeed maybe we could compare notes.
> What OS will you be installing on?
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Paul Osman wrote:
> > On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 09:19:34AM -0400, Matthew Thompson wrote:
> > > Thanks Paul! :)
> > >
> > > Paul O: Maybe Nathan Kinkade from CC could help with the Civi side?
> > >
> >
> > Good call, I'll ping him about that today.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Paul
> >
> > > On 2010-05-06, at 9:12 AM, paul@appcoast.com wrote:
> > >
> > > > On 06/05/10 13:54, Matt Thompson wrote:
> > > >> Hey, Paul. Paul Booker created a kick-ass database sanitization script
> > for us. Mike Haggerty at Trellon said they wanted to make some tweaks to it,
> > but it hasn't been completed.
> > > >>
> > > >> Paul B, can you help make sure Paul O has access to your script so he
> > can have a look? Can you remind me where it's posted?
> > > >>
> > > >
> > > > The script is under the Drumbeat wiki @
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > https://wiki.mozilla.org/Drumbeat/PaulBooker/An_example_santization_script_for_a_drupal_site_running_CiviCRM
> > > >
> > > > Some code needs to be added to make the database switch between
> > > > Drupal & CiviCRM to completely automate the process of santizing
> > > > the drumbeat databases.
> > > >
> > > > It also needs someone who is knowledgable in CiviCRM to have a look
> > > > over the CiviCRM parts to be  sure that everthing is good. My
> > expectation
> > > > is that the script is complete with the exception of some code to
> > handle
> > > > the database switching
> > > >
> > > > Best, Paul
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >> Also, Gerv: am I crazy or didn't Trellon point us to a sample database
> > at one point? I can't seem to put my hands on it. Paul O: pingers or
> > Campbell in IRC may be able to provide a link.
> > > >>
> > > >> Matt
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >> On 2010-05-06, at 5:02 AM, paul@appcoast.com wrote:
> > > >>
> > > >>
> > > >>> Hi Paul,
> > > >>>
> > > >>> Please find replies inline ..
> > > >>> On 05/05/10 21:43, Paul Osman wrote:
> > > >>>> Hi Paul,
> > > >>>>
> > > >>>> I'm following the steps outlined in the wiki to get a local copy of
> > > >>>> Drumbeat up and running on my development machine:
> > > >>>>
> > > >>>> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Drumbeat/Website/Install
> > > >>>>
> > > >>>> I noticed that getting a sample database is still a todo item
> > > >>>> there. Do you know if there is a sample database available
> > somewhere?
> > > >>>>
> > > >>>>
> > > >>> Sorry, I don't know.
> > > >>> Not sure how things are going here as i have not had any
> > communication
> > > >>> on the "Install" process for a couple of months.
> > > >>> It's probably best to talk to Matt as he will now if my sanitization
> > script
> > > >>> (see below) has been worked on further by Trellon
> > > >>> The last conversation i had i think was with Michael@Trellon who
> > asked if
> > > >>> i would hold on integrating my "install" notes (see below) back into
> > the wiki
> > > >>> as they had completed some work w.r.t  creating profiles which they
> > wanted
> > > >>> to introduce first.
> > > >>>
> > https://wiki.mozilla.org/Drumbeat/PaulBooker/How_to_set_up_Drumbeat_on_your_Ubuntu_desktop
> > > >>> Best,