I want to update you on discussions between Barbara Bermes, Andreas Bovens,
David Bolter, Susheel Daswani, Kevin Brosan and myself on unresolved and
untriaged bugs in Firefox for Android and the actions we're taking on the
Since our strategy for mobile is changing, Susheel's team is focusing on a
small number of bugs in Firefox for Android which aren't in the GeckoView
Non-GeckoView bugs which are not being worked on and have been modified in
the past 18 months (~580 days) will be re-prioritized as P5.
Unconfirmed, non-GeckoView bugs will be closed as incomplete.
Non-GeckoView and non-JimDb bugs unmodified in the past 18 months will be
closed as incomplete.
Bugs which are enhancement requests will be reviewed, and ones which won't
be taken up as features/enhancements will be resolved as wontfix.
*Bugs to close*
- Non-GeckoView, Non-JimDB bugs more than 560 days since last modified
- Unconfirmed bugs to close https://mzl.la/2L65rgk (~300)
*Bugs to re-prioritize*
- Bugs to move to P5: https://mzl.la/2L6SpMA (~2,000)
*Bugs to review or move*
- GeckoView bugs to move to new product (https://mzl.la/2N5M98s) (~120)
- Enhancements to be reviewed (https://mzl.la/2JfF6aB) (~190)
This work is detailed in
The BMO team will move the GeckoView bugs to a new product
I plan to do these moves on Wednesday the 25th of July.
If there is a non-GeckoView, non-enhancement, bug in Firefox for Android
which you know ought to be addressed, please needinfo Barbara Bermes and
Susheel Daswani on the bug so they can determine if it will be prioritized.