Hello Mozilla Reps, (and Firefox Students),
I am a Firefox Student Ambassador, and would like to host a event similar
to App-in-a-box day, but has some additions in it.
What We (Myself and the team), plan to conduct a week-long training on Web
(HTML/CSS/JS) targeted for freshmens,
The modal for the event would be:
Day One: [Introduction]
- Introduction to Mozilla Community, Firefox Student Ambassadors
- Introduction to Mozilla, Firefox, and Open Web
- Introduction to Firefox OS
- Introduction to Webmaker
- Day 2 Agenda Discussion.
Day Two: [The Basics]
- Introduction to HTML/CSS/JS
- HTML 101 . [Basic HTML elements, Document Model]
- CSS Basics. Introduction to styles. Way to use CSS
- Sample Project: HTML/CSS (in FFOS)
- Assignment Projects / Introduction of Day 3 Agenda
Day Three: [The Basics II : Intermediate CSS]
- Introduction to CSS. Intro about CSS3
- Individual Projects on HTML/CSS (A bit advanced) (for FFOS)
- Interactive sessions. Ask-what-you-don't-know
- Revision of HTML/CSS
- The Document Object Model
- Sample Example Project
- Simple Assignments / Discussion of Day 5 Agenda
- HTML/CSS/Basic JS Revision
- The Web in Action. (Intermediate Examples using HTML/CS/JS)
- QA Sessions / Feedbacks and everything
Day Six: [The Firefox OS]
- Introduction. Using FFOS in phone/browser
- Using your Web App as a FFOS App
- Conversion of all previous projects and assignments to FFOS Apps.
Day Seven: [The Party]
- Swags/Certificates Distribution (if possible).
- Feedback Collection.
- Mozilla Club's Introduction.
- End of The Event.
My 2 cents: It will be a great event because we are also teaching people to
learn the web as well as getting contributors for the mozilla community.
I would be glad to know what you think about this event, and lets start
tweaking this event!
Firefox Student Ambassador (and a Mozillian)