From:  Marco Zehe <mzehe@mozilla.com>
Date:  09 Sep 2014 22:27:05 Hong Kong Time
Newsgroup:  news.mozilla.org/mozilla.accessibility

Re: Firefox Sometimes Not Responding to Quick Navigation Keys

NNTP-Posting-Host:  63.245.216.66

Hi Dan,

that would be awesome! Feel free to create a Bugzilla account if you
don't already have one, and if you find steps, comment directly on the
bug so the info is all in one place. :)

Marco

On 09.09.2014 16:22, Dan Brown wrote:
> Dear Marco,
> You've been busy today. :) Thanks for the tracking links.
> Regarding this specific bug, when navigation keys in FF work, they do
> so beautifully. If I find a way to 100% recreate this one, I'll let
> you know.
> Sincerely,
> Dan
> On September 9, 2014 9:04:53 AM CDT, Marco Zehe
> wrote:
>     Thanks, Dan!
>     I could not consistently reproduce this using a Freedom Scientific
>     Focus 14 Blue, but have filed the bug in any case:
>     https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1064883
>     Marco
>     On 03.09.2014 14:03, Dan Brown wrote:
>>     Dear Marco,
>>     Thank you for your response. I wasn't certain whether navigation
>>     was active from the menubar, but figured it probably wasn't. Here
>>     is a list of steps that will hopefully allow you to recreate the
>>     issue.
>>     1. I opened FF and clicked the web address shown at the top left
>>     of the menubar.
>>     2. I navigated right one item to "Enter search or address:," and
>>     entered www.nytimes.com .
>>     3. I Navigated down until focus was on "Main Menu" which is a link.
>>     4. I tried pressing H for Heading, G for Graphic, and L for List,
>>     all of which are elements on this page. In all three cases,
>>     nothing happened.
>>     I hope this helps. As I said, this behavior is intermittent, so I
>>     hope you're able to reproduce.
>>     Dan
>>     On September 3, 2014 2:43:30 AM CDT, Marco Zehe
>>      wrote:
>>         Hi Dan,
>>         focus needs to be on some page element for quick navigation keys to
>>         work. So if, for example, the page loads, but one is in the upper area
>>         with the menu button or the awesome bar in TalkBack focus, quick
>>         navigation won't work. Can you make sure TalkBack is in the web content
>>         area if you see this failure next time?
>>         Thanks,
>>         Marco
>>         On 02.09.2014 19:19, Dan Brown wrote:
>>             Greetings, I am using Firefox on a Samsung Tab S, along
>>             with both Talkback and Brailleback. About 50% of the
>>             time, after a page has fully loaded, Firefox refuses to
>>             respond to quick navigation keys that I press on my
>>             braille display's keyboard. For example, H to navigate to
>>             the next heading, or G to jump to the next graphic.
>>             Unfortunately, I haven't been able to nail down precisely
>>             when this happens, as it seems completely random.
>>             Navigation sometimes resumes if I close out Firefox from
>>             Recent Apps and then launch it again, but not always.
>>             Please let me know if I can provide further information
>>             to narrow this down a bit, and I'll be happy to assist.
>>             Dan -- Sent from Samsung Tab S
>>             ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>             accessibility mailing list